Monday, November 14, 2011

Meg vs. Breakfast: Oatmeal Waffles


Time to jump start a big day of cleaning! I have GOT to get this place is some kind of order, but EVERYTHING needs a scrub-down at least. So far I have done the kitchen cabinets and some of the baseboards. And we've been here 3 weeks now; not cutting it!

So we needed a power breakfast today. I love these waffles because they are hearty but not too heavy. My helpers seemed to approve.



Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Waffles

1 1/2 cups flour (I use half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
1 cup quick oats (or regular oats pulsed in the blender for a few seconds)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
6 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. brown sugar

Sift flour, and blend with oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, milk, butter, and brown sugar. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.  Cook according to the instructions for your waffle maker (in my case, until the green light goes off!)

So far it seems to be working. I actually did the dishes as the boys were finishing up their breakfast instead of putting it off, and the boys and I are about to go tackle the sunroom, which now has a coating of both dirt and toys. Lovely =)

No comments:

Post a Comment