Friday, March 1, 2013

Meg vs. The Bathroom: First coat of gel stain, done!

I finally bit the bullet and slapped a coat of gel stain on that stinkin' vanity. I put the baby in his doorway bouncer, and asked Big Brother to entertain him. Baby screamed for the last five minutes. I guess it was worth it... I am excited about how it will look with two more coats!

Here is a before picture of the side of the vanity. Either the finish bubbled, or the rats in the garage had their way with it... either way, boo! I was afraid we would have to fork out for a replacement.


Here it is after the first coat. It looks worse in the picture than in real life because of the flash, but I think after the rest of the coats it won't be so noticeable.


And this natural light picture gives a better idea of the color it should be when it is all done.


Here's the color palette for the bathroom. Yay! We really are so close to being done, if I could just get my act together!

I am planning on a second coat tomorrow, a third on Monday, and then topcoat at the end of next week, and that should do the trick! More pictures to come. I am generally following this tutorial on staining cabinets with General Finishes Gel Stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment