Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meg vs. The New Year: Painted closet

This is how I celebrated New Year's Eve (and a few days after that).


Yep, that's a blurry picture of a boring closet.

But that closet was previously dirty (and maybe moldy?) and essentially un-usable, so things that should have gone in there were stacked in our bedroom. I felt like adding a fresh coat of paint and getting rid of all that grodiness was a fitting start to a new year. A good bleach scrubbing, a vinegar scrubbing, a coat of Killz primer (done on New Year's Eve--I told the hubs "Look, I'm primed for a productive year!" He thought that was incredibly witty and marvelled at his luck in having me for a wife. Okay, not really.), and two coats of gloss later, the closet finally looked clean. I am so excited to actually put stuff in it. It's really the little things in life, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment