Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Meg vs. The Walls: Painting Prep

The last few days I have been working on getting our living room prepped for painting. Our furniture is supposed to come in at the end of the week, and I thought I should at least get the ceiling done before they get here. Here is how the process has gone so far:

Monday: get all excited about painting and buy all the stuff. Put samples up on the wall. Start getting prepped. Go to bed happy.

Tuesday: start filling in holes. Caulk all around the molding. Take down the junky shelves and patch giant holes left behind. 11pm - A little excited, mostly tired.

Wednesday: Sanding. Everything in the world starts annoying me. House looks like a bomb dropped. Whiny children make me feel like my head will literally explode. I need a break. Waste time online, still nowhere near being ready to start painting. The samples on the wall are taunting me.

Tell me I'm not the only person who does this.

Oh, and also still can't find camera charger. I think I shall take a nap and hope that when I wake up, I am excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment