Monday, June 25, 2012

Meg vs. Miscellany: Ambitious day - check!

Monday: Re-fill that green waste bin. Paint a coat on the changing table attachment. Tape the front hallway. Hang the mirror in the living room above the bench.

We managed to get it all done! I filled up the can with lots more cuttings from our giant overgrown rose bush (tree) and a branch from the yucca tree next to it. I just finished painting the first coat on the attachment (John started, but I had to intervene because I'm anal about the brush strokes), I taped the hallway this afternoon, and John helped me hang the mirror just before bedtime. Phew!


I think the mirror makes this corner look much more complete, but I still feel like it's missing something. We are both leaning toward painting the mirror, a la this look (but not this color; maybe coral):

Source here.

Whaddya think?

3 comments:

  1. Coral sounds like a fun color - is there something else coral in the room? I love the look of the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far we just have a vase, but our original color scheme idea is coral and aqua, a la: http://pinterest.com/pin/203013895672069357/

      Delete