Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meg vs. The Closet: Painting

Tuesday:  Paint the hall closet.

I won't cross this one out because it's not all the way done, but I did do one coat! The boys' naps didn't overlap and the evening passed too quickly, so I'll have to double up tomorrow to get the second coat up (the walls were really yellow and gross previously--I don't think they had ever been painted! If it's anything like the front closet, it will take primer + 2 coats to get it white). There isn't really much to see, but I'll post a picture when the closet is completely finished, shelves and all.

We also managed to go for a walk, roll around on the floor, and sing and dance along with Bingo Radio on Pandora (pretty much a daily event). I kept up on the dishes until dinner, but the sink is full again. I'll have to drag myself out there to do them again before I call it a night. For a snack we had these zucchini chips,


and for dinner we had turkey meatloaf (with grated carrot mixed in, shhhh!) and mashed potatoes (with cauliflower mixed in). Of course the little Mr. Picky didn't eat either, and opted for rolls only. But hubby and big brother dug in, and the goal was to continue cooking, since I'm trying not to sacrifice my family in the name of home improvement. T'would be ironic, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I enjoyed your Daily Drop post too. A year ago I had basically lost all desire to ever own a home. I'm starting to work my way out of that now - thanks in part to your commitment to home and family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bridget! Love you too! Owning a home is definitely overrated in a lot of ways. I don't think I would suggest buying a fixer upper when you have small children and your husband has no time to help you =). But it is a lot of fun to have free reign to create whatever you want, and once I get myself going I almost always enjoy the work.

    ReplyDelete