Monday, February 20, 2012

Meg vs. the Kids' Room: New Beds!


MondayPut the bed together in the boys' room.


Hubs had the day off, so this morning I made these cinnamon rolls, but with cream cheese frosting.


For dinner I made this rosemary bread (our new favorite!),


and porotos granados (clearly this one is actually my picture because it is terrible. But they taste much better than they look).


Then, just in time to start family night, my good husband helped me put the finishing touches on the beds!


We really only needed one twin bed for Mr. 3-year-old, but since my niece and nephew will be moving close soon and since we figure we'll need more beds eventually, we just went ahead and ordered the whole set. One gazillion screws and a sore arm later, ta-da! We still have a long way to go before the room actually feels very personal, but a place to sleep is a start. Clifford the Big Red Dog already made himself
cozy along with Thomas and Friends.


Now if I go do the dishes before I crash exhaustedly into bed, I'll have done everything I set out to do today. I think I need to cool it on the ambition tomorrow, because the boys were pretty attention-starved by the end of the day, and my patience was wearing thin with all the whining. We spent a good hour just playing with them after we were done, and they were much more chipper by bedtime.

One day down, the rest of my life to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment