Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meg vs. The Garage: the missing panel

Saturday:   Buy plywood for the missing panel in the garage, nail it up. Buy a ladder.

Before:

After:

We actually bought the plywood and a ladder last night, so this should have been a super easy thing to check off. But (and there's always a but) I forgot to account in my measurements for the change in ceiling height and the fact that the other two panels were not quite straight. So I ended up hacking away at the thing with our dinky reciprocating saw until I was able to shove it haphazardly into place (sort of). Hubby had to intervene and kick me out of the garage at one point because I was getting pretty angry. Then later as I was trying to finish nailing it in, Mr. 3-year-old decided to come join in "going bang bang bang," but ended up taking a dive off the side of the garage steps and getting a splinter in his forehead and a few good scratches on his torso. Poor guy; he was so excited to help!

But in the end it is done, and I will put some stuff in front of it and ignore what a terrible job I did. Hey, I finished all the goals for the week! I will celebrate by never looking at this picture of my terrible paneling job again =).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg, I think you did REALLY GOOD, consider it is your first time. Remind me to tell you about a couple of "easy" jobs done by (supposedly) professionals done at my house sometime. =) love ya, and keep up the good work. You are an inspiration...

    ReplyDelete