Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meg vs. The Bathroom: A peek under the house

Saturday: Fun time! Sew slipcover for the living room bench.

Bad news again. My fabric didn't arrive. So.... this gets moved to next week, and we do something different. AGAIN!

So I started by playing catch-up on yesterday's goals. I pulled up the panel in our closet floor, crouched down inside, and looked at the bathroom sub-floor. This is what I saw:




If you can determine anything from these pictures, feel free to let me know. Looks like beams and insulation to me. So I decided to go back and look at our inspection reports. That is a good way to stress myself out, because it reminds me how much we have to do, and how many things could potentially go wrong with our house. My dream house used to be an old charming one. Now it is a brand new one with a warranty =).

Anyhow, here is what the report says:



My uncle took a look while he was here and said the floor didn't feel like there was really significant damage. But the all of the grout is crusty and eroding, so I think I'll consult with my father-in-law when they come visit at some point and we'll see how much of this we can address. Until then, I am calling my new wax ring and peek under the house a job well done =).

I also had planned to touch up the paint in the living room, but John was off studying, the boys took extra long to go to bed, and I unwisely started reading Pride & Prejudice... so we'll have to save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment