Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meg vs. Preparation: 72-hour kits

TuesdayPlan 72-hour kits, make a shopping list, order supplies online, gather things we already have.

This was again probably more than I should have assigned myself in one day. I spent a lot of time on the computer looking at various 72-hour kits, then trying to figure out how to do ours. My kids were very tired of me staring at the screen all morning! I finally decided to print this very thorough checklist:


I will get as many of the things as are feasible/we can afford right now, then call it good for the time being. I figure I will have met my goal if I get food, water, a change of clothes, and first aid stuff for everyone. Then I will continue to add things as I can.

I ordered several things today on Amazon to make my shopping trip a little easier:








And a whole mess of these.

And after that expenditure, the rest of my kits will be purchased at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store! At least with my Amazon card I get 3 cents back for every dollar (I love ordering diapers and wipes there, too!).

I also started a box in which I tossed things we already had (clothes, jackets, some Cliff Bars and prepackaged cookies, extra toothbrushes, etc.). Emergency Preparedness, here we come!

p.s. Heads up for a new goal tomorrow; it's a-raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment