Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meg vs. The Yard: Pruning, planting, catching up.

Tuesday: Re-fill yard waste bin! Prune roses in the front and plant Dahlias.

As I mentioned yesterday, the first goal wasn't too tough because our green waste bin was not emptied yesterday as it should have been. Ah, life.

With no place to put my spiny rose cuttings, I thought the better of trying to prune my bushes with the boys around. Instead I pulled a whole bunch more sourgrass that was matting my planters, uncovered some new plants that sprung up during the rain (get ready for a new game of name that plant!), tried to un-ensnare the rose bushes in our side yard from the ivy that was attacking it, and did, in fact, plant the Dahlias.

With the rest of the day I decided to play a little bit of catch-up; cleaning, laundry, etc. etc. I even managed a shower during daylight hours =).

And the best part of all is that John's hardest exam of the semester is over and now he has three days off, so we went out to eat and I didn't even have to make dinner! Some days are just awesome, even if I can't prune my roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment