Saturday, March 10, 2012

Meg vs. The Yard: Our first plants

SaturdayGo to nursery, get advice, and buy plants/supplies for square-foot gardens and fertilizer for fruit trees. Start putting planters out. 

As it turns out, I am a couple of weeks early for planting garden vegetables. That was a relief, because I kept worrying that I was too late since it has been so warm recently. So I came home with nine bags of soil (I don't trust what's in our yard, what with squirrels, cats, raccoons, and probably lead paint), a flat of strawberry plants, and two thornless boysenberry starts. The little guy and I pulled out our upside-down planters that we found on clearance at Wal-Mart and planted the strawberries, I pulled out the planter boxes, and now we have a couple of weeks to plan the rest of our garden.




For some reason I completely forgot about the fertilizer for the trees.


Another week done! It is nice to be making progress, even if it's slow going. I think next week I'll ease up a bit, because I thoroughly exhausted myself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment