I did myself a kindness and did the second half of today's goal on Monday. And it was extra nice because I STILL didn't get the shelves done! They are a serious Achilles' heel. I am convinced that when we finally get them up they are going to cause the wall to crack open or they will fall and destroy all my frames. Am I the only one that has these kind of DIY anxiety nightmares?
Back to why our walls are still shelf-less. I got a message last night saying that our windows came in early and the installers wanted to come first thing this morning. Awesome! Of course I called back and said yes, then slapped another coat of paint on my shelves, did a few other things, and crashed into bed, telling myself I would get up early to finish up what needed to be done for the window guys. Somehow I did not notice that the whole house was a disaster.
When I woke up and realized the extent of the mess, I got to work and dragged John out of bed (on his day off!) to take down all of the blinds. We were mostly done when the installer arrived at about 8:15 a.m. We did some necessary shopping in the morning, then I went to the temple during nap time since we couldn't do much with the installers working all day and John had some free time to watch the boys. When I got back we marked the wood for the shelves and charged the drill, then the boys got anxious for dinner, the missionaries called and needed some help from my husband, and I realized I was going to have to put the blinds back up by myself before bed time. So long, goal!
But again, we had a great day and I'll call it good. New windows, some necessary rejuvenation, and 1/5 of that stinking shelf project done! I am learning not to expect too much of myself; it is just as bad as expecting too little, and ends up with the same result--I am less effective.